Product Manager - Commercial Solutions DivisionApply Job ID REF8701O Date posted 11/28/2022 Address N855 North Mayflower Drive, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The mission of the Product Manager is to take ownership of the life-cycle management of a critical portfolio of welding product offerings and implement growth plans by collaborating with the sales team and distributors.
The product manager will also be responsible for growth and market performance of product platforms and have high impact potential on the portfolio of products and the greater division.
The current team includes product development resources and marketing personnel that will assist with go-to-market strategy and implementation.
- Act as a liaison with sales, engineering, manufacturing and appropriate division personnel to communicate and deliver product solutions that maintain market leadership.
- Develop and execute strategic growth plans for assigned product platforms to grow the business.
- Improve product profitability and deliver growth through cost reductions and recommends pricing adjustments. Optimize value proposition of assigned category.
- Direct and perform market research to define market size, growth and trends including pricing, competition & opportunity.
- Create and deliver clear, concise value propositions for each proposed product, as well as estimated market potential.
- Collect and synthesize customer insights (VOC) and competitive intelligence through customer interviews, market research, and channel knowledge. Make pricing recommendations that position the products to win in the market while maximizing margin potential for the business.
- Responsible for successful launch and commercialization of new products.
- Evaluate and report on product performance – sales volume, margins, and market share.
- Develop a deep understanding of the end-user’s business and their unmet needs.
- Use creative tactics to communicate and promote new products to both end users and distributors.
- Investigate and understand customer/market expectations; define product strategy that meets expectations of customers, distributors, sales and the division.
- Contribute to long range and annual planning process
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a product based, business to business environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Strong business acumen. Proven history of successful business cases.
- Must possess technical aptitude to understand product capabilities and consumer needs.
- Proven ability to analyze current business issues, end-user needs.
- Demonstrated success in leading high-level projects & cross-functional teams from start to completion.
- Ability to build relationships among employees, distributors, and key end-users.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, high motivation, and solid decision-making abilities.
- Well organized, aggressive self-starter with the willingness to learn and grow.
- Ability to establish plans independently with limited direction or supervision.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Understanding of and experience with welding processes strongly recommended.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.