Market Research SpecialistApply Job ID REF7595S Date posted 08/23/2022 Address 5730 Technology Circle, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Market Research Specialist is a key member of the Sales & Marketing Team reporting to the Market Insights Manager. This team member will utilize various research platforms to collect, analyze, and socialize critical customer feedback to drive organizational growth. The Market Research Specialist will be charged with interpreting complex data to drive actionable insights within our organization.
- Execute primary research focusing primarily on product development, brand affinity, and channel dynamics
- Understand our customer’s buying trends and behaviors through various touchpoints on the path to purchase
- Turn ad-hoc stakeholder requests into actionable insights-based projects
- Enhance organizations’ ability to capture, store, and socialize insights
- Evaluate process flow and streamline to drive project management efficiencies
- Leverage industry best practices to drive organizational excellence and benchmarking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, or other related field
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Qualtrics (or other similar research tools), and Power BI (or other similar data visualization tools)
- Proven ability to write unbiased research-based questions aimed at uncovering customer insights
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret data, provide concise reporting and make strategic recommendations
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and communicate to key stakeholders
- Efficiency focused mindset with the ability to prioritize and focus on key tasks
- Ability to work in a matrix-style multi-divisional organization
- Customer first mindset with the ability to represent the voice of our customer to our internal teams
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.