Inside Sales RepresentativeApply Job ID REF4937S Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 5730 Technology Circle, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Miller Electric is about building things that matter. As part of the Miller Customer Service Team, you become an important part of how people build, repair and create to make this a better, brighter world. This role will provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will create a positive experience for our customers through problem solving and fulfilling their needs. This position will be a part of our machine sales team and will also support the inside sales support initiative.
If you have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, as well as a passion for delivering a best in class customer experience, then this might be the job for you!
The location for these positions is Appleton, WI.
- Facilitate the needs of our distributors, field sales team, warehouses, and divisions including but not limited to order entry, expediting, quotes, and returns.
- Recommend the proper weld process and products over the phone or through email with distributors and end user customers.
- Inside sales support, which includes processing sales related requests from the ITW Sales team and working with distributors on quoting, building packages, pricing and lead times.
- Manage 60+ in-bound calls per day assisting customers and the Miller Sales team with product and or account assistance.
- Responsible for data entry, including but not limited to, order entry and account management.
- Review and respond to time sensitive emails.
- Timely backorder review with communication regarding updates to distributors and the sales team.
- Work well within the customer support team to identify improvement. projects, scheduling rotation, vacations, and share information learned from internal divisions and customers.
- Will be expected to perform additional duties as needed.
- Minimum of two years’ working in a customer service environment preferred.
- Product knowledge and basic understanding of Miller’s products and features and welding preferred.
- Possess a desire to continue to grow professionally through experiences, exposure, and focused training and/or schooling.
- Must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, while being self-motivated, with a desire to help the customer.
- Data entry system knowledge preferred; with a high level of comfort in learning new software systems.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office and Email systems such as Outlook with a high level of comfort in moving between multiple information systems.
- Ability to make sound customer-oriented decisions in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to compose professional emails.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.