Harness Assembler - BB1 - 2nd Shift - Component DivisionApply Job ID REF3510W Date posted 08/31/2021 Address 1635 West Spencer Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
This position will be responsible for the assembly of wire harnesses and harness sub-assemblies using documentation and/or harness boards. This position will be responsible for a variety of assemblies and tasks depending on the cell working in. These responsibilities may include assembly, testing, and maintaining of targeted inventory levels for hand controls and foot controls, assembling and winding of leads, assembly of wire harnesses, cutting and cleaning large leads, crimping wire terminals, soldering, and use of hi-pot and other test equipment. Candidate will be required to cross train and rotate throughout cells within the department as needed. Good organizational skills, self-discipline, positive attitude, and a customer first mentality are required to be successful in this position.
· Sub-assembly work
· Opening and closing of computer work orders
· Responsible for the ordering of raw materials
· Use of air and electric assembly tools, hand tools and test equipment
· Able to read and understand bills of material and assembly drawings
· Operation of cord cutting machinery and ability to wind cords and coils
· Responsible for balancing vacations and workloads between team members
· Ability to move into different work cells within department based on production needs
· Ability to work in a fast paced, highly repetitive environment
· Prioritize workloads to meet daily and weekly production goals and targeted products
· Assist in making improvements to the overall business using ITW operating principles
· Overtime is required
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year assembly or manufacturing experience
- The ability to read and understand circuit and wiring diagrams
- 1 year of MRD and material ordering procedures
- Must be able to comprehend bills of material and prints
- Cross training is required
- Must possess good manual dexterity, and hand eye coordination
- Be able to stand for up to 12 hours per day
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime is required
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.