Electrical Engineer / Power ElectronicsApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF1104G Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 1635 West Spencer Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard / Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
ITW Welding continues to build its capabilities in power electronics design in order to create world class welding power supplies for our customers. We are currently looking for an experienced electrical engineer with a power electronics focus to play a key role in our Innovation and Technology department. The engineer will be a key contributor in the investigation, development, and implementation of hardware solutions for new industrial and commercial with primary focus on AC / DC and DC / AC power conversion (5-30kW). The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing and testing multi KW power supplies including semiconductor selection, magnetics design and PWM control. This position requires a highly motivated individual with exceptional communications and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with engineering teams, marketing, and product management to develop innovative and reliable products to serve our customer needs.
- Effectively work individually and on a multidisciplinary team with electrical, software, mechanical, and welding engineers to take projects from original concept to implementation.
- Primary responsibilities include design, development, and test of welding power converters to be used in Industrial and Commercial Platforms.
- Provide power electronics leadership, mentoring and consultation on various projects.
- Perform testing and create documentation on new designs.
- Maintain and drive platform commonality and re-use across multiple designs.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
- Identify innovative patentable solutions to end market needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of power electronics design experience
- Experience with power semiconductor selection and testing.
- Experience with 230/460/575VAC multi KW power conversion such as motor drives.
- Experience in mixed-signal embedded hardware design including signal conditioning for high-speed/precision signals in a power conversion setting, signaling across multiple insulation boundaries, and gate driver power supplies
- Knowledge of PCB layout considerations for switch mode power supplies
- Proficient with circuit modeling/simulation tools
- This individual must be a self-starter and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (A PLUS):
- Master’s Degree with a power electronics focus
- Magnetics design experience including flyback, forward, and full bridge transformers as well as inductors.
- Working knowledge of power conversion control systems
- Experience designing to 3rd party (UL/CSA/CE) standards
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.