Data Engineer - Hybrid OpportunityApply Job ID REF6748F Date posted 11/03/2022 Address 1635 West Spencer Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller Electric Mfg LLC (an ITW Welding Company) was founded on a simple idea to a very real problem: create the best welding technology in the world, while providing state of the art products at an affordable price. During its inception in 1929 and at the height of the great depression, founder Niels Miller set out to create a product for the everyday person – farmers, blacksmiths, automotive professionals, and the like. He succeeded, and the Miller Electric Mfg LLC family was born. With a global footprint, thousands of patents, and universal brand recognition in the market for the over nine decades, Miller is more than just an industry leading OEM, it’s a family. A family that collaborates, solves integrated problems, innovates, and takes risks, together. Our success is a result of our employees and our community, one we’re deeply proud of. After all, we build communities.
While our people embody our culture, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive, create, and connect thru meaningful work. We are proud of our global product recognition but even prouder of our work in and outside of our enterprise:
- Best Place to Work For LBGTQ+ Equality – Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- United Way Fox Cities Dollars raised $1.1M in 2021
- 3-to-1 charitable match
- Volunteer matching – ITW donates $10 dollars per hour matched for every hour worked at a non-profit organization
- Reducing our environmental impact: ITW’s commitment to continuous improvement is demonstrated through our company-wide greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions intensity reduction target, announced in 2019. As a result of the progress made toward achieving our initial target, in early 2021, we increased our target to the following: By 2030, reduce combined Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions per U.S. dollar of operating revenue by 40 percent below 2017 levels.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, supporting, and maintaining the database infrastructure for application development, data warehousing, and purchased software solutions. This position requires the ability to participate in multiple projects utilizing strong business analysis skills. The person in this role must pay great attention to detail and demonstrate strong quality and accuracy. It is extremely important for this person to possess excellent people skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of, executives, managers, subject matter experts, and team members.
- Evaluate, recommend, and execute data and BI architecture
- Experience working with big data formats, data modeling, data warehouse, data lake, ETLs and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to tune and optimize queries and the environment to enhance performance
- Experience analyzing dimensionally modeled databases to meet business functional requirements
- Experience in writing SQL queries to analyze data for business requirement validation and execution
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and all its components
- Experience with database and data analysis technology, as well as with enterprise applications and project management
- Familiarity with presenting data in a graphical format (dashboards, KPI, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Initiate and develop a strong understanding of business goals, procedures, and operations
- Transform data into actionable insights that drive business value
- Effectively communicate design requirements and findings to team members in the organization
- Partners with the business to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- Performs ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the database environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of related experience
- They must possess strong communication skills and be a logical thinker
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.