Channel ManagerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF12065V Date posted 11/14/2023 Address 1200 South Perkins Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Channel Development Manager develops and maintains strategies, tools, and processes to win and expand relationships in the target market. Provides direction for sales and other channel partners based on channel, geography, and market. This position is responsible for achieving sales, profitability and dealer recruitment objectives and represents the entire range of compact equipment products and services.
- Oversees the organization’s channel policies, objectives & initiatives.
- Sets short and long-term channel sales strategy.
- Evaluates, manages, and recommends changes to channel programs.
- Maintains and enhances channel agreements.
- Development of Channel strategy.
- Focus on enhancements to dealer capability levels.
- Recommends and on-boards new channel partners based on business-alignment, and geography for the Work Truck Market.
- Sets short and long-term channel strategy.
- Development and Support of Dealer Go-To-Market.
- Creation of financial programs and tools to support the development and growth.
- Leads the training, service, and pricing for channel partners.
- Leads the development and maintenance of tools, and processes to drive simplicity in operations and go-to-market.
- Lead Upfitter Advisory Council
- Formal platform for communication between Miller Electric and selected dealers on topics impacting the dealer network and/or critical to growth. Inclusive of product, aftermarket, marketing, dealership structure, and new product development, etc.
- Facilitates cross-functional involvement in the process and tracking of actions stemming from the council meetings.
- Lead Channel Marketing
- Analyze market data, trends, consumer preferences, and competitor behavior to optimize channel marketing strategies.
- Plans and manages channel events.
- Coordinates & leads joint marketing efforts with the dealers.
- Highly collaborative role requiring cooperation with product teams, product design, sales, and other functional team members – leading through teamwork and influence.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or comparable discipline
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years in a sales or channel leadership role
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Understanding of the B2B dealer distribution model
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong Negotiator and communicator
- Good priority management, reliability, and flexibility
- Strategic thinking, factual analysis and results oriented
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Travel up to 30%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.