AccountantApply Job ID REF4400D Date posted 12/01/2021 Address 1200 South Perkins Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
he Power Systems Division is part of ITW's North America Welding Industrial Platform. The Accountant will be responsible for driving results by accurately preparing, interpreting and communicating all division financial information. This individual will be an active member of the division core accounting team and will assist in adhering to and applying all ITW principles and procedures and internal controls. We are looking for a detail oriented, positive professional with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team and individually. Candidate must be a fast learner and be able to balance multiple projects. This position is based in Appleton, WI.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing process effectively and efficiently
- Prepare accurate financial statements and maintain/reconcile ledger accounts
- Be analytical, inquisitive, and crisp in explaining the story behind the numbers and a strong ability to understand macro and micro trends and quickly discern inaccuracies
- Provide various sales analysis reports as needed to help support the division and provide timely data for managers to assist with decision-making
- Assist in developing monthly and quarterly outlooks as well as annual plan
- Present an objective opinion as input for business decisions based on facts, data and analysis
- Inventory management including participation in cycle counting program
- Maintain the standard cost files in accordance with ITW policies/procedures. Participate in annual standard cost roll-up
- Oversee the accounts payable function, related vendor management, and sales and use tax reporting and compliance
- Assist in capital expenditure requests and audits, and manage fixed assets within the division
- Keep the leadership team informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management
- Help other employees understand how their choices and decisions will impact the financials and identifies, communicates, and trains others on key business drivers
- Leverage available tools and new technologies to compile relevant useful information to support process improvements and operational decisions
- Participate in and lead cross-functional Toolbox projects
- Be a strong motivational champion of the ITW Toolbox; utilizing 80/20 in all critical thinking toward applying sound judgement to analyze processes, identifying and acting upon opportunities to reduce complexity and simplify processes
- Perform related work as apparent or assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA or equivalent designation is preferred.
- Proven track record of leadership, collaboration, strong interpersonal and verbal/written skills, demonstrates a positive attitude, highly motivated, high level of personal accountability, strong, coaching skills, effective listening skills, and approachability
- Must be willing to learn multiple job functions and be very detailed orientated to perform these functions accurately, have strong problem-solving skills, prioritization, organizational and data entry skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently with minimal supervision, balance multiple projects and resolve issues/conflicts in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers, and all employees, as well as an ability to develop positive and productive peer relationships
- Willing to develop self and others with potential for future opportunities in the organization
- ERP and Financial Reporting software experience required
- Advanced MS Excel skill is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.