Accountant - Commercial Solutions DivisionApply Job ID REF6951H Date posted 08/02/2022 Address N855 North Mayflower Drive, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
This position will be responsible for driving results by accurately preparing, interpreting, and communicating all business financial information. This individual will be an active member of the divisional accounting team and will assist in adhering to and applying all ITW principles and internal controls. We are looking for a detail oriented, positive professional with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team and individually.
- Month-end journal entries
- Income statement generation
- Balance sheet generation and account reconciliation
- Various month-end reporting
- Financial analysis
- Company credit card approving, coding, and recording
- Assisting with inventory management including participation in cycle counting program
- Assisting with fixed asset management
- Sales and use tax compliance management
- Participation in capital expenditure requests and audits
- Participation in and leading cross-functional Toolbox projects
- Communicate and train others on financial impact of business choices
- Various assigned projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience required
- Must be willing to learn multiple job functions and be very detail oriented to perform these functions accurately
- Proficiency with diverse computer software systems, especially Excel, is required
- Strong problem-solving skills, prioritization, organizational and data entry skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, high motivation, ability to learn quickly, and excellent interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.