Associate Sales EngineerApply Job ID REF9379T Date posted 02/02/2023 Address 25 Journey, Aliso Viejo, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered about the cushioning provided by your athletic shoe wear and how it provides the right amount of comfort for the activity you are doing? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear (eyeglasses, sunglasses) being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-responsive, goal-oriented professional to join our North American Sales Team in Southern California. This position is responsible for selling Instron’s range of advanced materials testing systems and accessories. Our customers use Instron’s products to test a wide range of materials such as metals, plastics and composites within a diverse range of industries including biomedical, aerospace, electronics and automotive. Our systems can be found in quality control, research and development and educational laboratories throughout the world.
- Reporting to the District Sales Manager (DSM), in this role you will help develop and execute a proactive territory management plan that ensures bookings plans and objectives are met or exceeded, and the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
- You will work closely with the Account Management Team (AMT) to assist with pre- and post-sale applications consulting, provide onsite product demonstrations and presentations to customers and gain valuable experience in technical sales, sales support and business development.
- To assist you in exceeding the sales targets, you will be partnered with an established sales and service support team.
- Your territory will include Central and Southern California and is a remote, home office-based position.
- You will be provided with a company vehicle and overnight travel is estimated to be up to 25%.
- You have a strong desire to learn and a passion for technology.
- You have a positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating and responding to the needs of customers, both internal and external to your department and organization.
- You have key leadership qualities, including flexibility, reliability, and are an effective team player and communicator.
- You are exceptionally self-motivated and directed, results-oriented and set high goals for personal accomplishment.
- You have a technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., materials science or mechanical/electrical/biomedical/chemical engineering), combined with 3-5 years of work experience (previous technical sales experience preferred, but certainly not required).
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Company vehicle, paid training, cell phone, laptop
- Medical (multiple options), vision and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance and both short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings with a company match
- 100% Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave and adoption assistance
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.