Materials and Building Maintenance - Day Shift (Direct Hire with $4000 Signing Bonus)Apply Job ID REF7457T Date posted 08/29/2022 Address 1205 36th Avenue West, Alexandria, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Looking for an opportunity with future advancement potential in a well-established ISO 9001-2000 and AS 9100 certified company? ITW Heartland a division of Illinois Tool Works Company, located in Alexandria, MN is a dynamic and growing Gear Manufacturing and Machine Tool Company and has several positions open. In addition to life in the Alexandria lakes area ITW Heartland offers a competitive salary, great company values and a great benefits package. Pay will be determined by qualifications and ability to immediately help the business.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
- Manage parts movement within the business unit. Receive all incoming raw materials, identifying, directing and controlling their flow through the system, providing support services to the production process. Provide general maintenance of business unit facilities.
- Perform general repair and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
- Move parts to and from vendors and customer sites as needed using company vehicle.
- Empty chip dumpsters as required.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist with packing parts for shipment as directed.
- Receive raw material and expedite raw material flow throughout the facilities.
- Use manufacturing software to receive in all raw materials
- Improvise and recommend ways to improve the flow of parts through the system.
- Recognize materials to ensure correct types and sizes before receiving into system.
- Monitor and manage the coolant recycling system and all recycling programs.
- Change light bulbs, wash windows, shovel snow, do yard work, light carpentry, deliver and pick up intercompany mail, parts and supplies as requested.
- Keep floors cleaned using floor scrubber, when necessary.
- Participate on the safety committee (if assigned) and perform required safety inspections.
- Plan own work to make efficient use of time and skills.
- Oversee maintenance on company vehicles and forklifts.
- Drive safely without incidence or accidents during working hours and off-hours. A current valid driver’s license is required.
- Meets safety and good 5S practices.
- Follow all quality procedures and achieve line of sight requirements.
- Able to work within a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in related environment or equivalent.
- Understand blueprints and documentation systems used.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Push/Pull up to 36 lbs.
- Supplies/equipment may weigh up to 40 lbs.
- Climb on ladder.
- Carrying or lifting at waist level up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting overhead 25 lbs.
- Repetitive, prolonged grasp tool use and equipment handling.
- Hand manipulation-handle small parts.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.