Maintenance Technician (Direct Hire with $4000 Signing Bonus)Apply Job ID REF5667Z Date posted 09/01/2022 Address 1205 36th Avenue West, Alexandria, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Looking for an opportunity with future advancement potential in a well-established ISO 9001-2000 and AS 9100 certified company? ITW Heartland a division of Illinois Tool Works Company, located in Alexandria, MN is a dynamic and growing Gear Manufacturing and Machine Tool Company and has several positions open. In addition to life in the Alexandria lakes area ITW Heartland offers a competitive salary, great company values and a great benefits package. Pay will be determined by qualifications and ability to immediately help the business. To learn more about Heartland check this 30 second video out. About ITW Heartland
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of CNC machines along with other plant machinery and equipment.
- Sets a positive example for others by focusing on productivity, added value, through-put, and profits on all jobs.
- Plans own work and uses superior time management skills.
- Will diagnose problems, replace, or repair machinery as needed including making necessary adjustments on electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Meets safety and good 5S practices.
- Follows all quality procedures and achieve line of sight requirements.
- Able to work within a team utilizing communication and interpersonal skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Milling machines
- OD & Thread Grinders
- Hand tools i.e. screwdrivers, hammers
- Forklift and Carts
- Hobing Equipment
- Pallet jack
- Eye protection required
- Leather footwear required, ear plugs available
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Technical School graduate preferred.
- 5 + years of experience repairing CNC Machining Centers and CNC Turning Centers.
- Knowledge of machine design and operation.
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic test equipment, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Previous training and experience with PLCs is essential.
- Familiarity with operating and setting up CNC equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Must have the knowledge ability to fabricate new parts.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, service assembly instructions, and troubleshooting guides and troubleshoot industrial Electro/ Mechanical equipment used in the machine tool industry.
- Repair skills should be mechanical, hydraulic and electrical.
- Standing 10 hours per day (out of 10 hour workday) but may work 10-12 hours per day.
- Walk up to 2 hours per day
- Bend, squat (to check parts) - occasionally
- Crawl- rarely
- Reach out from body up to 24 inches holding up to 20 pounds - rarely
- Hand grasping – continuously
- Finger manipulation - frequently
- Push up to 35 lbs. Force (carts, pallet jack)
- Carry up to 35 lbs. (parts and tools) 20 feet - occasionally, 100 feet - rarely
- Lift at waist level up to 24 lbs. frequently/up to 50 lbs. - occasionally
- Lift to/from floor level (parts) 50 lbs.- occasionally
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.