Service AdvisorApply Job ID REF2585K Date posted 05/21/2021 Address 99-950 Iwaena Street, Aiea, HI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
This is a position under the direction of the Branch Manager. The selected candidate will be able to perform diversified duties involved in directing the activities of all or a designated group of Branch Service Techs. This candidate must be proficient in all aspects of our service operation and able to multi task assisting in coordinating setting up service calls, following up on service concerns and helping set up site surveys and installation jobs. This candidate will function as a Service Tech performing service calls when not directing the activities of assigned Service Techs.
- Direct activities of assigned Service Techs.
- Prepare quotes on various types of service work and installations, including competitive equipment.
- Make service calls with Service Techs when a complaint or problem arises that could adversely affect customer relations; diagnose the problem area and assist the Service Tech in correcting the malfunction; or, assign another Service Tech to assist in correcting the malfunction.
- Responsible for keeping assigned service personnel informed of new products, model changes, modifications, new service procedures, etc. • Maintain appropriate records; e.g. productivity, service revenue, service tickets.
- Lead in the training and development of Service Techs; administer appropriate training and recommend Troy service schools to District Manager.
- Responsible for scheduling warranty and maintenance inspections on a timely basis. . Achieve departmental goals regarding parts and labor.
- Assist in obtaining competitive equipment to repair, total store count and perform quarterly truck inspections.
- High School diploma, Business or trade school or GED, with good mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude.
- 6 years experience in Food Service and equipment repair or related field
- Supervisory experience
- Strong customer relations skills
- Must be able to use decision-making, organizational and problem solving skills as a routine part of daily activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet goals and attain desired business results in a team-oriented environment is vital.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good Organizational skills
- Technical leadership experience
- Lifting 50-75 lbs with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 8 ft with ladder
- Extensive walking 3-5 miles / day
- Extensive driving 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.